My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Musicals (part 1) Explaination

Musical -Also called musical comedy. a play or motion picture in which the story line is interspersed with or developed bysongs, dances, and the like. Ref. Dictionary.com


Changed something on my adventure list. I originally had number 114 as visit 100 museums and then changed it to 50 museums. The reason I chose museums was because they are a great way to learn culture. But as I thought about it more I really don't like most museums. Scratch that I love museums! But I don't like how stuffy they are and how kids friendly they are not. If I was a single gal with plenty of money to burn, you would find me at all the museums in the world. But since my world involves being financially strapped  with a toddler in tow, I figured out a better way to gain culture. 

The musical world has always held my appeal! Since I was a small girl I would often be involved in school or church plays. I can't remember many of them, because we moved so much, so my memory is lost. But I do remember being in the musical in 6th grade I think of The Electric Company! And sometime in junior high I was in my church play For Unto Ya'll as Mary. Both of them were enlightening and exciting. But in my junior year I got to be apart of The Wizard of Oz in Moore High School's yearly musical. This was my first experience with true choreography and music that is involved with a musical production. The most exciting thing was the teamwork that was involved in putting this production together. So many people working so hard to make something that was non sequential to many others. It gave me this huge respect for movies and musicals and plays and ALL that are involved. When someone goes to a show and has no respect for the people who have put it together they might be missing the biggest part. 

The cast, the crew, the director, the writer, the choreographer, the costume designers, makeup, the paperwork and accounting side of the work! So many people working together for one goal! How can we say that isn't important? Yes you may not like the end result, or certain aspects of the show. But respect should be paid. Can you imagine what would happen if all the world was a stage? All of us different people coming together with our different talents and helping each other make this world better. Guaranteed you probably will never respect the true talents of the crew of a musical, until you have been on one or needed them. Can you imagine putting on a huge musical without anyone running the lights? You would never see it!!! Or what about those beautiful costumes that were sewn by some amazing people and that person never feels important? Because they aren't the actors doesn't mean they are any less important. So to embrace my respect for these wonderful productions, I am going to watch 100 of them or more. And I really want to watch more. I have never found time to watch some of the most influential musicals that I have always wanted to see. And I really want to include some that may not seem so appealing on the outside. But I know that I can respect the effort that was put into these productions and even more important I can teach Joslyn the respect for the arts. Because what am I really teaching her, to value all talents and people, because they are important and should be valued. You never know what part they will play in your life or how your life will be lacking without them!

So What I will be doing in watching 100 musicals and writing a little about what I like on each. Since I will be writing so much I will be splitting this section unto 2 posts. This one and the next one will be the lists of the musicals I have watched. So I wonder if you ever have had this experience with a musical or movie or play? And are there any musicals that you think I should watch? Due to money constraints I will have to watch many of these in my livingroom, but I would love for you to watch some with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment