My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dreaming

Saturday is my 33rd birthday! I can't believe that time flies by so fast. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was a teenager listening to songs and daydreaming about boys. Playing mash was one of my favorite games. I could daydream about the cute boys that were in my school. My imagination has always been very active. It is a defense mechanism that helps me cope with my crazy life. Day dreaming is so much fun! I used to dream about having a fabulous life as a wildlife conservationist. In my dream I had thousands of acres, fenced in really good and I would take in old lions and tigers and all kinds of big cats. I had created a wonderful playland for these animals to live out their last days. We had a couple of veterinarians on staff to care for their medical needs. But the best thing was that the animals could run and run and explore their territory. Nobody wants to die in a cage! Have you ever seen Secondhand Lions? I love that movie! And I love that the lion gets to be free in the end.

Now that I am thirty my daydreams aren't as vivid. It is sad how the doldrums of  life can take away our ability to dream. I believe that God gives us some of our best dreams. Dreams that fulfill our desires and if we let the world tell us we cant then we are letting the wrong people tell us what to do. Now I am not saying that all of our dreams will come true. But I am saying that we should work hard to find the dreams that God is giving us and work towards them. I don't think that my dream of being a wildlife conservationist is going to come true. But that doesn't mean that I can't rescue animals. It also means that God probably has different dreams for me now. Some of them are on my adventure list  some of them are small and some of them have to do with Corinthian Writers and they are huge! Only God can help me accomplish them, but only if I keep dreaming.
 What dreams do you have?
Are they dreams God has put in your heart?
What can you do to accomplish them?

Love, Teresa

3 comments:

  1. COOL! 5th Birthday coming up, Jacob just turned 15 on the 6th

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Jeff I ought to try to paint one of those shirts rofl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Carpet freshner smells so good, also simmer cinnamon and sliced apples on the stove :)

    ReplyDelete