My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Monday, April 9, 2012

Surprise!

Yes, today's appointment confirmed it! Joslyn is going to be a big sister. Even as I type these words, my mind is reeling! Another baby! We had not planned for this. We didn't think it was possible for us right now. We are very scared. BUT, God is good and all that he does is good. I cannot deny that God's plan is what is best for me. It always has been and always will be. So yes we are excited. Here's the interesting news. We don't have a clue how far along I am. Normally, you would go by the momma's last period to figure out how far along we are. But, I haven't had a period since October! So yes we are befuddled. My doctor's appointment today was just a $40 confirmation that the stick I peed on wasn't defunct. I was kind of hoping it was a little. But the moment that test came out positive, I could no longer deny the symptoms I have been having. Sore boobs, trouble breathing,  extreme moodiness, sex issues, dizziness and of course nausea. All of these symptoms were just random things I have been dealing with for awhile but never put them together until last week. Even when I decided to take the test I was still thinking I wasn't pregnant. I truly thought that I was depressed and maybe was having early menopause. But alas, I was in the big word denial! When that stick had a plus sign on it I was shocked. What was God doing to me? I wasn't ready for this. I had my life already planned out. My toddler would one day be potty trained and I would send her to school for a few years and then go back to school myself. Get my degree in Computer Aid Design and start making good money from home and raise Joslyn. We would save money, become debt free and get to go on family vacations and have fun with just one child. DENIAL!
But I should have known that God would have different plans for me, he always does. Because as many times I think I have His plan first, it usually is a worldly plan instead. To raise my children right in the way of the Lord and to reach others for His Glory should be my only plan and then he will bless me. This second child will be a blessing like Joslyn will and I can already see him or her, growing and learning and playing. I already desire to see his/her face and hold my baby. I can't wait to see Joslyn as a big sister and watch her teach her younger sibling things. I desire to see her hold this little one and help change diapers. I desire to see her grow up to be a big sister and to protect and be there for her little sibling. I will be calling doctors soon and setting up an appointment to see how long we have to prepare for this little one. I will need your prayers and support as we go on this journey. Thank you for being my family that I can share this with. I love you all!

33 comments:

  1. Ha ha. We so knew it. In fact, we were just talking about that (or the possibility of that minutes (seriously, minutes) before we got the phone call. lol

    Other than healthy, we're hoping for a boy for you guys! Any possible names picked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl's name will be Julia. Not sure of the middle name yet. The initials have to be the same as Joslyn's JEE. And for a boy we don't know, I like Jordan and Joey, but we really need more boys names cause neither one sounds just right.

      Delete
    2. What happened to Jayden for a boy? I thought that was what Joslyn would've been if she was a boy. Is it out because of that?

      We actually have a J boy name picked if we have a boy next, but I would just die (not really, but still) if you guys used it, so I'm not sharing it! ;)

      Delete
    3. BTW: I'm loving Julia for a girl! Can I start playing the E middle name game like I did last time?

      Delete
    4. Remind me what the E middle name game is again? Jayden was the name but my friend has since had a little boy named Jayden, so that name is out. Hmm, now I am curious about your boy J name!

      Delete
    5. I kept randomly texting you E middle names for your boy name last time. I can do it again... :)

      Delete
    6. I take it Elizabeth (or Elisabeth like my name) is out. lol

      Delete
    7. No Elisabeth isn't out, I like it with Julia. You absolutely can text me boy middle names but I think I will wait for a special blog reveal like you guys did!

      Delete
    8. Just remember that we didn't wait to tell family. ;)

      Delete
    9. I also just realized that if we have another girl, her first name is going to be starting with an E, but, again, I can't tell you because I really, really don't want it used. ;)

      Unless you can absolutely promise me that you won't use either name.

      Delete
  2. Don't like Jordan for a boy. My niece's name is Jordan. You'll come up with a good one. Anyway, YEAH YEAH HOORAY SOOOO KEWL!!
    CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Julia. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia has been my second favorite name since Joslyn, but I am just hoping that we don't have to have two names!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Love the name Julia! I have a boy Jesse & he is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesse is a nice name! I like that one! Thanks Tanya for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Check out http://swistlebabynames.blogspot.com/ for help naming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you can add this to your adventure list, and check it off. Congrats! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW...CONGRATULATIONS!!!...take it from one who had three sons in less than three years...two were surprises as we were using just about every birth control known to man at the time...after three we made it permanent "Life is what happens while we make other plans"...and "We make plans and God laughs"...I love those two quotes...they have so defined my life...and if not for those two "surprises" I wouldn't have had three WONDERFUL, BRAVE, CHRISTIAN sons and three WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, LOVING daughter in laws and four SWEET AND AMAZING grandchildren...so, Brown, embrace it, even with your head in the toilet...because God has such regal plans for you and yours...my heart sings for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vicki. I agree those are great quotes and so true!

      Delete
  8. Brown, congratulations! I'm so happy for you, John and Joslyn. You are an amazing mother and you have a happy, close, functional family. If there is a place where a child will grow up strong and happy, it's with you. Motherhood is meant for you, Brown, just as fatherhood and sisterhood are meant for John and Joslyn. God knows what He's doing with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend! I can't wait till you and Paul have a child so we can share stories!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting! From what I've read, you sound like a wonderful mother, and it would seem to me that God wants you to be able to share that wonderfulness with another little one! May your nerves subside, and I will pray that everything goes smoothly for you!

    In the way of boys names, have you thought about Joshua? Same first three letters as Joslyn! And some middle names that immediately come to mind are Eden, Elijah, and Eli! Julia for a girls name is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Seeing my baby really calmed my nerves a lot! I know he/she is already the most special baby! As far as names I really like Eden. Julia Eden, I will have to look it up and see what it means!

      Delete
    2. Uh Oh Is that the name you guys picked? Okay I will keep looking.

      Delete
  10. I didn't know I was pregnant with half (4!) of my babies because I was still nursing.... and would not have chosen myself to have those babies....God is smarter than me!! I cannot imagine how I would miss them if they weren't in my life....
    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, the feelings I was feeling are already crazy to me even though I still wake up and wonder was it a dream? Thankfully he is smarter than us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I came here from another blog where you commented. I am so happy to know that God is working wonderfully in your life specially with the blessing of 2 kids. I have been praying since years for a baby and I think my faith is not enough but I am trying to work on it. I am amazed at how God worked for you since you did not have your period since October. I have irregular periods rather I have no periods unless I take a medicine. God bless you and your family and keep you in good health!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to leave my email address where you can reach me if you want to. Its sonalsamson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete