My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Baking Extravaganza 2011

I will start out saying that I don't think I have ever baked as much stuff in my life as we did during this. Secondly, I was a little overwhelmed at first, but it ended up being so much fun and we had a blast!

My best friend Amey and I usually get together every Tuesday at her house and make something fun or just hang out and have lunch. I love that I can go over there and not have to be on edge the whole time about what Joslyn is into. Amey is so good with Joslyn and I love watching them together. Amey's son Brayden is in the third grade and is such a smart child and usually loves to get involved with whatever project we have cooking. So when Amey suggested we do some holiday baking together I jumped at the chance. We took a couple of Tuesdays and planned on what we would make and bought stuff. Then when Tuesday rolled around I was sick with a sinus infection. So half the day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we put these things together and had so much fun making them. I am going to post the list of what we made but I am only posting a few of the recipes, because if I posted them all it would take all night. If you want a recipe that isn't on here comment and ask for it and I will do my best to get it to you. All of the recipes came from The Cookie Bible, Hershey's holiday Favorites book or Pinterest/Internet. Isn't Pinterest wonderful? I hope that you enjoy the pictures and the recipes. Merry Christmas!!!

GOODIES LIST



Peanut Butter Fudge Balls








Haystacks








angel bites








pumpkin fudge








rocky road brownies








iced sugar cookies








PEANUT CLUSTERS
recipe from internet here









REINDEER FEED
recipe from the internet here







REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER BARK
recipe from Hershey's Holiday Favorites 2007 book

2 pkgs Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Bar, broken into pieces
1 2/3 cups (10 oz pkg) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
1 tablespoon shortening
1/2 cup roasted peanuts or toasted almonds ( coarsely chopped)

1 Cover tray with wax paper
2 place chocolate in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave at medium 1 minute then stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
3 immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at medium 1 minute then stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a a time, stirring after each heating, until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in peanuts
4. Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect. Cover; refrigerate  until firm. Break into pieces.
SNICKERDOODLES
recipe found on internet here

these could easily be my favorite cookies


PHILADELPHIA SNOWMAN COOKIES
recipe from The Cookie Bible

1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Suggested decorations, such as decorating gels, colored sprinkles, nonpareils, peanut butter cups and twizzlers pull n peels.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda: mix well.
Shape dough into equal number of 1/2 inch and 1 inch diameter balls. Using 1 small and 1 large ball for each snowman, place balls, slightly overlapping, on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in flour. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake at 325 F for 19 to 21 minutes, (it took us about 16 minutes) or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle each snowman with sifted powdered sugar. Decorate to resemble snowmen. If using peanut butter cup for the hat, cut cup in half and stick on with icing or decorating gel. (Makes about 3 dozen cookies)

 ENGLISH TOFEE
recipe from Pinterest here

Better than store bought!

SWEET SWIRL MARSHMELLOWS
recipe from internet here

These are so good, especially in hot chocolate!





HOMEMADE ALMOND JOYS
recipe from the internet here

Totally worth the extra pounds!





FOOLPROOF CHOCOLATE FUDGE
recipe from the internet here

the easiest and best fudge recipe I have ever had!
Seriously good! I have never had a fudge I liked until this recipe!







Here are some fun pics of the kiddos decorating cookies! Please remember we had been baking for 3 days when we took these pictures. We were so tired!




No comments:

Post a Comment