My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Smelly trash

So as I am sitting here with my baby asleep in my arms, I am thinking what should I write about? I decide that writing isn't going to happen if i don't free up my arms. So I gently place my baby in her crib, turn on the little heater in her room and plug my nose as I walk past the trash can with the poopy diapers in it. Why didn't I take it out? Well we don't have trash service. We have 2 trash cans but no company to pick it up. And since I filled the trash cans last week and John has taken them to his work to empty them, I can't put them out. Oh don't feel sorry for me. I am ashamed to admit that the company that provided their service to us for awhile didn't recieve payment, so they stopped coming. Alas, it is my fault. You see one of the twelve steps is coming out of denial. Denying that I was a victim, that we just couldn't come up with the money. If I am truely honest, buying things and not being able to pay for them is a bad habit I used to have. Like thinking that I will make the payments and come up with the money, but when it is time to pay the piper I come up randomly short. Well no more I say. We have finally finished Financial Peace University and now it's time to pay the Piper so to speak. We are on baby step one gather your 1000.00 emergency fund.

We had started on the emergency fund and had the car break down, funny enough it was exactly 1000.00. I find this ironic that we would have been okay if we had our emergency fund. Once this is done, it might take awhile, we start our debt snowball. This means we pay off every debt that we owe. We can truely call ourselves debt free, when this is done. The third step for us is to gather 3 to 6 months of emergency money, so we will be okay if a big emergency happens. It might take years, it might take months, but we will get this debt paid off.

I have to admit that this financial adventure has gotten me closer to the trash man. Huh, you may say! The big trash man in the sky! God is the only one who can take our trash and haul it off. Leaving us clean and fresh smelling when all the rottenness is gone. Then once we are empty of the trash, he fills us up with His son and the Holy Spirit. Blogging is like my trash recepticle.  After all how are we to get rid of this filth if we don't own up to it. There are many places that you can empty your trash in, church, Celebrate Recovery, and accountability partners are just a few of mine. Where do you empty your garbage? I would love to hear from you.

Thank you God for taking this smelly trash and for making me new. I want to be filled with your holiness and spirit. May I only breathe out your word and clean thoughts. Help me to bring you glory in my home and in my life.

3 comments:

  1. What a PERFECT connection you've made here. Love it. It truly is about daily renewal, hourly confession, and keeping the eternal in mind.

    This was not what I was expecting from a post titled "smelly trash"! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I got my empty trash cans back today. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is it that the Great Garbage Man in the Sky always comes to help us clean up and change our lives?? All we have to do is ask and He picks up day or night! ;-)

    Love you, Girl.

    ReplyDelete