My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cold and flu season



It comes around every year. Around Joslyn's birthday the tissues and cold medicine are moved to the endcaps of the grocery stores. We get out the humidifier and the Vicks  I think that this is the first year that I have been prepared for sickness. After two years of cold and flu seasons with Joslyn I was starting to get the hang of when it would visit our house. This last two weeks we have had two visits to the doctor and have another one today. But I was a little surprised when Jax came down with RSV. I was expecting the flu or a cold, but not that. It really scared me. You hear of the horror stories of babies that end up in the hospital with this virus. I have to say I was so impressed with my doctor. She sat me down and explained all the risks and all the steps I could take to try to avoid an er visit. But mostly she eased my nerves by saying that if he ends up at the hospital there was nothing I could do to stop it. That this sickness has to run its course they way it would. All babies are different and react differently to these viruses. It was nice to have all the information up front.

In life I wish God had given me the plot of my story. I like to have all the info up front. But I know that if I saw all the things in my life that I would endure and accomplish, I would be too afraid to move. Because, when I see something coming I try and figure out how I can handle it, or what I can do. But I know that God wants to be the one who is in charge of my life. And instead of me handling something, He wants me to call on Him. But the good news is that we aren't left completely clueless. He left us some great help. First he gave us The Bible. The manual to which we can live our lives by. It has all the answers of how to solve all of our problems. Secondly, He gave us The Holy spirit that can guide His followers on the right path. The little voice in our heads that helps us make the right choices and leads us towards God's will. Then of course the most important gift is Jesus. Not only is he our way to Heaven which is our eternal destination, but He gives us the example of how to treat others and how to live. Only Jesus lived a perfect life and though we can't be perfect we can follow his example and his commandments.

So remember to prepare for the colds and flus of your life by reading the Bible, listening to the Holy Spirit and following Christ's example. So that when they do come around, they don't devastate you or throw you off course of God's plan.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Brown. I hope Joslyn is feeling herself soon :)

    ReplyDelete