My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cheating

What does cheating really do? Cheating on a test, robs you of the responsibility to learn. Cheating on a diet, robs you of that chance to stay and become healthy, focused and clear. Cheating in a relationship, robs you of the trust, security and unconditional love of that person. For the past 2 months, God has surrounded me with people who have been cheating or have been cheated on. I am continuously shocked and saddened for the hurt that surrounds those people. Before I started Celebrate Recovery, I would be so judgemental of the cheaters and so codependent with the ones cheated on. Telling them that it will be okay, trying to help fill that void. Now I feel constant compassion for all of them. Why? Because we are all sinners! Step one in the twelve steps defines it perfectly.
Realize I am not God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
So true for it to say i cant control my tendency to do the wrong thing. To expect perfection in others when we are powerless ourselves is wrong and unrealistic. We are just decieving ourselves and judging others by ignoring our sins and our need for saving.
" I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but cannot carry it out." Romans 7:18
But I have wondered why, God has put these people in my life. Am I to do something to help them? Am I to learn something? I know nothing of adultery in my own life. I cannot tell someone how I got over this. But I do know the pain of divorce and broken hearts. My life was ravaged by the divorce and seperation of my parents. The bonds of marriage are not to be taken lightly. The destruction from a broken vow can break down every person in a family and can be carried for many years. Those feelings of hurt and pain on both sides can fester if not dealt with. I lived almost twenty years with the hurt thinking that it wasn't affecting me. Not knowing that the feelings of emptiness and need to control my own destiny were slowly putting me in a box.
"You can't heal a wound by saying it's not there!" Jeremiah 6:14
But I know without a shadow of doubt that God has placed me in their lives for one reason only, and that is to guide them back to Him.
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." James 5:16
Only Christ can heal the wounds and damage that adultry and divorce cause. And trying to heal on your own is not healthy.
"Two are better off than one, because together they can work more effectively. If one of them falls down, the other can help him up. But if someone is alone... there is no one to help him... Two men can resist an attack that would defeat one man alone." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
So, I hope that my life and decisions help lead them to Him. Celebrate Recovery is the best place for anyone who has ever had a hurt, hang-up or habit that keeps us from trusting God. And I pray for you, that God would make you the person that shines what Christ did and is still doing in us.
"For it is God who works in you to will and to act accordingly to His good purpose." Phillippians 2:13
And for those who have been cheating or have been cheated on. Please remember that hurt people hurt people. Please don't cheat yourself out of a chance to heal and become whole. Let God renew and restore you. Did you know that Celebrate Recovery is anonymus? What is said there and who is seen there, stays there! So don't be afraid to give it a chance! For those of you who live in my area, email me or Facebook message me and I would be happy to help you find a CR close to you. Or you can go to www.celebraterecovery.com to find one near you. I love you!
"I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in His grace until His task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns." Phillipians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment