My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sometimes we just need help!

Failure is a thing that defeats us all! No one is immune to failure. Sometimes though we live like it doesn't affect us. Get back up and brush it off, pretend it didn't happen. Maybe not such a great idea? I am all for getting back up, but I am not necessarily for pretending that it didn't happen. Learning from our mistakes, means admitting to them. Now that I am a mom I realize the value of that statement "Learn from others mistakes". After all, don't we want to keep our kids from falling into the same traps we did? But many times our kids do fall into those traps and  many other traps. Failure and mistakes are a part of life. But denying that they don't affect us moves us back into position to fall for the trap again. In recovery stepping out of Denial is the first step to freedom.
1.  We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable.


Wanna know the good part about failure? Yes there is a good part. We get to enjoy the success that follows multiple failures. If we didn't fail, success wouldn't be sweet! It really wouldn't. I used to envy those 16 year olds at my school that got new cars immediately after passing their driving test. While I was stuck driving an old beat up jalopy that I shared with my mom and brother and sister. But, eventually I got to see the value in having to work for what I have.  When my husband and I bought our first car, we were over the moon. Or at least I was. Getting to drive something new was such a privilege after having to endure driving cars that smoked and had rusted out seats.  My point is that we can not only learn from failure but that failure can drive us to the point where we actually achieve. Not one successful person out there can actually say that they achieved success without multiple failures. 


My latest failure involves being able to get off my rear and get myself to the gym today. I had no excuse that was valid, but I used everyone of them. So in order to achieve success after failure after failure; I have asked my sweet hubby to help me. Yeah that is right! I am actually crazy enough to ask my husband to get me out of the house in the morning when he leaves and when he heads to work, Joslyn and I head to the gym. Monday through Thursday. I have 2 reasons for this. First of all, if I can get out of the house then I will not have a problem going to the gym, its the getting out of the house that is my weakness. So he is going to help me get Joslyn ready and we are going to leave together. The second reason is that I need to get into a routine that gets Joslyn and I on schedule for Home school. I am terrified that I am going to be too lazy to achieve her schedule if I don't get into one myself. I was so good about being to work on time and being efficient with my time when I had a job. But now that I make my own schedule, we can't seem to make it on time to things. So I ask for your prayers for me to get into a schedule and for me also to not take my bad mornings out on my husband.  He is a good man for offering to do this! I need so badly for this to be the time I make my life more important than my food addiction. I am stepping out of denial and asking for help. 


Now that I shared with you, can you share with me some of your latest failures? I hope that I am not alone in this. Let's be a community and pray for each other's success! 

1 comment:

  1. ack I had bad allergies, had a slight temp for 2 days and slept about 10 hours yesterday

    ReplyDelete