My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up

Thinking today about what Joslyn is going to be when she grows up and it makes me think about what I want to be when I grow up.

Today John and I went to eat lunch at Ted's (yum) For those of you that don't know about Ted's it is some fabulous Mexican food! And while we were sitting there an older couple in about their fifties or sixties comes in and sits at a table next to us. The woman had a scowl on her face the whole time they ate there and they barely said 5 words to each other the whole meal. -- I want to be a woman that doesn't let life and circumstances take the fun out of me and I still want to be in love with my husband until I die.

It is a stereotype that home-schooled kids aren't very smart and they can't follow a schedule. And one of biggest fears is that Joslyn and I won't survive home school without my daughter fighting me all the time and hating me. -- So I wanna be a momma that home-schooled her kids/kid and they are successful and respectful and don't hate me!

My adventure list is still lacking in adventures and my husband and I were watching glee tonight and they did a whole show about Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now I don't like Rocky Horror Picture Show, but my husband loves it! And one of my fears has always been being cast as a hypocrite or a bad example. But one thing I know is that no amount of good deeds gets me any closer to God, He knows my heart and my reasons and He loves me anyways. -- So I want to be a person that lives really lives and stops worrying what others think about me. So check out my blog adventure list and see what number 130 is!

I think a lot about my weight goals lately and my reluctance to commit to anything. My husband and I agree that the YMCA is going to get 3 new members soon. Joslyn is needing social interaction with other kids for reasons that she needs to share and I am really hoping they will encourage her to potty train. And the YMCA allows you to put your kid in the daycare for 2 hours for free everyday, while you work out. I really think and hope that I will take her there, because she needs it and that I will get the benefit of a workout, at least 3 times a week. Let's hope and cross our fingers. -- Because I want to be a mom that is healthy enough to play with Joslyn and I want to teach her good eating habits by being the example. 

One of the blogs I follow posted a very long blog that talked about spending our money and time on what God commands us to do instead of Black Friday Shopping and buying food so we can stuff our faces on turkey day. She also posted how she knows that she will offend some people but she needed to write that stuff. I commented that Jesus offended people all the time but did what was right and true. It is tough to speak your mind and stand up for what is right, especially when you know you will get persecuted for it. Matthew 5:10 says "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, 
   for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." -- that is why I want to be a person that follows the Lord no matter what happens in my life. 

And those are a few of the things I want to be when I grow up, How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment