My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review - The MenD'lee The Lekton Chronicles by Zann Corrie Kennedy

The MenD'lee is the first installment of a fascinating science fiction tale that has a great moral background. The characters are unique and full of surprises. Kennedy's moral behind the story keeps you thinking beyond the pages and into everyday life. You will love this book!

Melenta Cha'atre is from a far away planet. A planet that is beautiful and intriguing on the outside, with it's purple skies and sweet fragrance. But Lekton, is a planet that holds tight to it's traditions. Traditions that say the father is the dictator and ruler of the household. He chooses what happens to his children, from which school they are to attend to whom they marry. But Melenta was born to change these traditions! She knows it in her heart! It's a wild ride as we follow Melenta's journey to change her planet. She must challenge everyone she knows and loves to become the person she dreams of being. But will she become her planet's savior The MenD'lee?

I have to tell you that I don't read books twice. I usually read a book so quickly that after a week or so all that remains in my mind is the basic story. But, I find myself coming back to this book again. Wanting to reread the pages that hold so many clues to this exciting world. Don't skip the prologue! You will want to because of it's pages filled with history and confusing new worlds. But, you will find yourself coming back to it  if you don't read it, it is necessary to the story line . Other than learning the history and the occasional new language, the book flows easily. I found myself hurting with her and rejoicing with her. There is an ongoing spiritual theme behind this book with The All -Wise, who Melenta believes to be helping her in her quest. I love that the book takes you through the emotional gambit without leaving you emotionally scarred. The only part that I do not like about this book is that it is not finished. Being the first installment, we have to wait to find out Melenta's destiny. But because of that, we want more! And more! I would recommend this book to everyone, but watch out because you will get hooked! You will be like me waiting and waiting for the next book!

If you like to purchase this book, please click here. You wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment