My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Friday, June 11, 2010

100 new recipies!


Okay so part of my Adventure list is to try to make 100 different recipies from around the world. I love to cook, but besides the normal hamburger helper, lasagna, chicken enchiladas, and tacos. I don't try many new things. This is a new way to get out of my comfort zone and become a better person. If you have a recipe from a country that I may not have on my list, or if you know a better recipe, please comment. I can't wait to see how this goes.

1.France
2.Slovenia
3.Czech (Jennie & Dan)
4.Germany (Roladen)
5.Columbia (Jennie & Dan)
6.Cuba
7.Jamaica
8.China
9.Japan
10.Tunisia
11.Italy
12.Spain
13.Australia
14.Argentina
15.Belize
16.Albania
17.Belgium
18.Chile
19.Denmark
20.Fiji
21.Greece
22.Guatemala
23.Dominican Republic
24.Hungary
25.Iceland
26.Ireland
27.Matagascar
28.Libia
29.Mexico
30.Morocco
31.New Zealand
32.Netherlands
33.Norway
34.Philippians
35.Panama
36.Peru
37.Romania
38.Russia
39.Sweden
40.Slovakia
41.Saudi Arabia
42.Scotland
43.South Africa
44.Serbia
45.Samoa
46.Turkey
47.Palau
48.Sri Lanka
49.Tanzania
50.Taiwan
51.Uganda
52.Uruguay
53.Vietnam
54.Ukraine
55.Syria
56.Switzerland
57.Venezuela
58.Wales
59.Croatia
60.Antigua
61.Bangladesh
62.Canada
63.Congo
64.North Korea
65.South Korea
66.Kenya
67.Honduras
68.Haiti
69.Finland
70.England
71.Egypt
72.El Salvador
73.Ecuador
74.Ethiopia
75.Israel (Shakshuka)
76.Iraq
77.Iran (Mirza Ghassemi)
78.India
79.Indonesia
80.Luxembourg
81.Grenada
82.Monoco
83.Malta
84.Malaysia
85.Poland
86.Portugal
87.Pakistan
88.Senegal
89.Soloman Islands
90.Cape Verde
91.Chad
92.Comoros
93.Cyprus (Kat)
94.Yemen
95.Zaire
96.Zimbabwe
97.Thailand
98.Tibet
99.Seychelles
100.Vatican City

I will need so much help with these!

6 comments:

  1. What would you like from Cyprus? My uncle (rest his soul) was from Cyprus - left at the start of the civil war - and my aunt has all of his recipes (he was a chef). There's baking, sides, main courses etc. I should also be able to scrounge up Greek, Swedish, UK, and Scotland. Just let me know.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some easy German recipes. My parents lived there right after they got married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ladies! Kat, do you have a special recipe that means something to you from him? That would be a good one, if not then a main dish would be great. I would love any other ones you can get. Beth, the same for you, if your parents made something for you that you remember then I would love that recipe. I will right your names down on the list. Thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was actually one of the first dishes I ever made by myself. My mom got the recipe from her landlady when she lived in Germany. It's a pretty popular dish and easy to make. Timmy has even had this before!

    Roladen (I'm copying this exactly as the recipe card my mom gave me has written)

    Round Steak, sliced very thin.
    Take each piece and layer 1 slice bacon (uncooked), chopped onion, mustard, pickle relish (optional) and mushrooms(optional [recipe side note #1: I've never had it with mushrooms]). Roll up and place in casserole and cover with bouillon or french onion soup [recipe side note #2: We use beef bouillon in those cube thingys]. Cook at 350 for one hour+. Serve with rice, spaetzle (German noodles) potatoes or by itself.


    Any questions about it or if you run into any problems making it, call me. I've made it more times than I can count!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found this Iranian recipe. I plan on trying it soon. :)

    Mirza Ghassemi (Persian eggs, tomatoes and eggplant) [from http://www.girlsgonechild.net/2010/06/eat-well-wendy-woolf-says-lets-talk.html]

    1 eggplant
    1 onion, cut in half and sliced
    2 cloves garlic, smashed, chopped, and smashed again
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 teaspoon turmeric (or to taste)
    3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    salt and pepper to taste
    vegetable oil (I use olive oil)

    1. Prick an eggplant and roast on a foil lined pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft.


    Meanwhile, cook garlic and onion in oil until soft (10-15 minutes).


    Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are really mushy. (You can just let it on the stove on low and stir once in awhile while your eggplant is cooking).

    When eggplant is done, let rest for five minutes and then peel (the peel should come right off or you can scrape it out with a spoon).


    Chop and mash the flesh and add it to the vegetables. (If watery, drain off the liquid). Season with turmeric, salt, and pepper to taste.


    Beat eggs and add to the hot mixture. Stir constantly on medium high until all of the eggs are fully cooked. Taste for seasoning. Serve over Jasmine rice.

    (Serve with yogurt, sliced cucumbers and pureed mint if desired.)

    For vegans, substitute for the eggs a block of tofu, pressed, drained, and crumbled. Don’t cook too much after adding the tofu. Just warm it through.

    ReplyDelete