My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bows & Arrows


So I have been a very bad blogger and haven't written awhile. Life has taken me in many different directions lately. I have been busy helping my very good friends open a store The Lime Zebra. A very cute consignment and boutique in Moore, Oklahoma. Joslyn has learned to roll over from her back to her belly, but can't roll on to her back. She gets frustrated fast when on her belly. Also camp wow was this week and i have spent days preparing for it. I do not get to go with the youth this year and I am saddened by it. Adjusting to Chickasha hasn't been hard yet because I am always in the city. I am determined to check out a few places next week that will be in Chickasha that other moms will hang out, ie; library, park, and splash pad. Maybe I will meet some moms from here. The main reason I am writing is because I crossed off another item on my adventure list.
Shooting a bow!

I am so thrilled that my best friend Greenie introduced me to Abby. She is one of those people that you can have tons of fun with but also sit down and have a meaningful conversation with. She has grown to be one of my dear friends. Two weeks ago, Abby and Paul came up for a visit. They drove up in their cute little camper with both George and Emma (german shepards) fogging up the back windows. John and Paul get along famously, so they went off to shoot their pellet guns and left us girls to talk. After an evening of my chicken enchiladas, Mamma Mia, scotch for everyone but me, and great conversation, we crashed around 1 am. My favorite part of the evening was watching Abby help Joslyn get a bath and read books. The next morning before it got too hot, we got the bows out. Paul was my intructor for the lesson and I got all of the dos and don't about shooting a bow. I got to use Abby's bow and after the 6th or 7th shot I actually hit the target. I was thrilled! It was fun. I am enjoying my adventures one by one. The more fearful the experience, the better I feel after it is accomplished. Fear will not control me. Well until next time, happy bow hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, honey! I am SO glad you & Abbs have this chance to deepen your friendship. You're both two of my favorite people and I couldn't be happier to see you adventuring together!

    P.S. It's so cool you hit the target!

    ReplyDelete