My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Friday, October 14, 2011

Remembering!


Today I found them! I went to the storage and found the letters! The letters that John and I wrote to each other when we were dating! I thought they were lost forever! But hidden amongst a treasure trove of papers and pictures they were there. John's letters to me and my letters back to him. If you remember a while back I wrote about my love story with my husband and how we actually fell in love over letters. I won't rehash that story, but I did fear that the letters were lost. I want Joslyn to experience love like that! Pouring your heart and dreams on to the pages and getting responses in reply.


 I also found our wedding album! We didn't have a wedding photographer, so we had those little cameras people could take pictures with. This was back in the olden days when you still used film!!! So I looked over pictures of John and I as youngens. My face was white and my hands were shaking as I prepare to walk down the longest road of my life. I look at the familiar faces standing beside us, cheering us on! Some of them are past on and it is painful yet wonderful to see their faces again. The memories come flooding back.

From year 1996 to 1999 I worked as a chef at a girl scout camp. Four years and four different camps. I found my scrapbooks of those years. Pictures of friends that I was sure that I would have forever. Yet the years go by and we lost track. It was great looking at the pictures and the postcards. I had notes that I had saved from those years. Little notes of niceties and thanks for being my friend. So many memories!!! I am so blessed to have those memories that I can pass onto Joslyn. The best thing is to pass on the love of making memories and dreaming! She will cherish that forever! I know I do!
Some great friends 1999 Metamora, IL Camp Tapawingo

The Treehouse, my home away from home 1998 + 1999 Camp Tapawingo

1997 Peoria, IL

John and I in Chicago, IL 1999

1996 Meadow Mountain Ranch, Estes Park, CO

1 comment: