My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Friday, October 21, 2011

God Breathed Adventure Lists

God-breathed Adventure Lists

The movie "The Bucket List" is a great movie that has inspired thousands if not millions of people to create their own bucket lists. Then they inspired others and so on! While many people I know have encouraged me to create an adventure list, my list was mostly inspired by God.

My life as a young person was designed around fear. Abandoned by my dad at the age of 11, I assumed the role of protector of my family. Risks were something I never took. Too much was riding on me, or so I thought. My younger brother and sister were constantly being chided by me to be careful and stay in the lines. I was trying to create my own safe place in a world full of chaos! But sooner or later my little world was going to crumble. It was a burden that was too heavy for me to carry. Instead of feeling comforted I felt trapped. My safe little box had become a prison!

One of the many things I grasped in Celebrate Recovery was no matter how safe or chaotic my world got, that God had everything in control! He knows my every move before it is thought up in my head. He guides and protects me, even when I step into danger. He holds my life in His hands! I cannot die unless it is His will! I no longer have to live in fear. I do not have to be afraid of what others think about me, because I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. I do not have to fear death, because God sent Jesus to die so that I can live forever with God in Heaven. Fear can cripple your life, but God gives us freedom over fear! Living without fear enables me to see God's will.
 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
My adventure list is comprised of many things that pull and tug at that box of fear I have created. Every adventure, whether silly or serious, is an extension of who I want to be and who God wants me to be. To see the many things I want to accomplish in my Adventure List click here. But I really want to challenge you to come up with your own! If you could live life without any fear, what would you do? Or think of it this way, what would you do if you lived like you were dying? How would it feel? What would it look like? Number 98 on my adventure list is to inspire 10 people to start their own lists. Will you be one of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment