My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent

On any given day you can find anywhere from one to ten pounds of cheese in my household. Today we have 6 pounds in there. Why so much? Because I love cheese! I put it on almost everything. I hate to be cheesy (get it?) but life for me isn't as good until you sprinkle a little cheese on it. I rarely eat anything without it. But cheese doesn't do this body any good. It really causes me some agony and pain. And though I know this, I eat buckets full of it anyways. It's also full of sodium, fat and other bad stuff. 

Now I have never ever given up anything for Lent before, not once. We didn't practice, celebrate or even talk about Lent growing up. I thought it was something only Catholic families did. I still don't know the ends and outs of Lent, but I know it's about sacrifice. I assume it has to do with the 40 days Jesus wandered in the desert without food. He relied only on the word of God to get him through. And though I wish I was at that place, I sadly am not. But I want to be that way. I feel I am slowly turning my life more and more over to him. 
So this year for Lent I am going to sacrifice something. Something that is special to me, in search of something better. Something that will fill the craving permanently. Him! 
Are you giving up something for Lent? Have you given up something before? How did you do? Will you share it with me?

Next week I will post the food episode of my cruise, how appropriate huh? Not planned this way I promise. I can't wait to hear from you all! Happy Lenting! Also please forgive me most of my posts right now are being done from my phone since my laptop is broken again. So they may not be edited correctly or be full of pictures. The big posts I will do from my hubby's computer. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment