My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dirty Microwaves



Do you have a microwave? I know that most of you probably do. I love my microwave! It is so helpful when you have 2 children. I don't know what I would do without mine. But when it comes to cleaning my kitchen I often forget the microwave. It sits there on my counter and I will wipe the counter down in front of it and around it and even the front of the microwave I will wipe down. But it doesn't occur to me how dirty it is until I open it up to use it. It can look so clean and even brand new, but if the inside isn't clean it is not useful.

That is just how we are as humans. So many of us only pay attention to the outside. Our bodies are important don't get me wrong. But if you have a beautiful exterior and a dirty interior no one will want to be around you for long. It's our hearts that make true friends, our spirits that determine where we will go, and our minds that help us figure out truth. But if our hearts are dirty or broken then who will want to be friends with us? If our spirit is sour or bitter from not forgiving or from past hurts, then we will be stuck and can't move forward. And if our minds are full of junk, then won't be able to see the true path we are supposed to be on.

Jesus is better than bleach when it comes to cleaning our hearts, minds and spirits. He takes away the grime and grease and old stuck on food particles and removes them. He scrubs us down to the surface and although we may feel bare and vulnerable sometimes, He can make us shiny and new again.

I don't know about you but I would use an old, worn microwave as long as it is clean and works good. But a brand new shiny microwave that is broken or dirty on the inside, I have no use for. So what do you do if you have a broken down and dirty machine? Get to work on cleaning it.

Celebrate Recovery is a 12 step program that takes all dirty machines and all broken machines and sets them on the path to becoming fixed and clean. Jesus is the only on who can mend the broken, heal the sick, and find the lost. There is a movie out today in theaters that explains what CR can do. Would you consider going to see it? Did you know that no matter what state you are in you can find a CR?



Let's get those microwaves clean people!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the connection to physical attributes of life, especially cleaning. You are creative and, especially, inspiring .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. Best Convection Microwaves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information. top-5-best-countertop-microwaves

    ReplyDelete