My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays- Week 1- What changes are going to happen

I took a blue chip for my food addiction. This is a big thing for me. Let me explain how this works. In Celebrate Recovery we take chips to celebrate clean or sober time in our lives. This means you are surrendering something to God. Anything that is a hurt, a habit, or a hangup. Some examples are anger, poor managing of finances, grief, co-dependence, alcohol addiction, drug addiction, divorce, etc..... I have taken many blue chips in my life, but I have never taken one for food. I wanted to be ready. I needed to feel that it was the right time to surrender this addiction to God. A food addiction is a serious addiction. You don't have to be morbidly obese, which I am, to have a food addiction. If you have food on your mind 24/7 then you are in bondage. I do this. I am planning my meals from the moment I wake up. I think about eating all day. I can share food with others as long as I have enough on my plate and more on backup. I get angry when good food is wasted, really angry. I panic if I don't have money or food to eat in the house. I am a slave to food. I plan my day around it. I feel very disappointed if the meal isn't up to my expectations. I use going out to eat as entertainment instead of placing my entertainment in activities.

I have been listening to Joyce Meyers "Eat and Stay Thin". It is very powerful! She is helping me to break the bondage of food with God's word and gives the glory to Him. This is why I know that this has to work. My food addiction has been put before God. He didn't design me to be a slave to anything. We are free from the law. We are free from any addictions. Everything God made is good. So why do I pervert it into something bad. The fresh green leafy foods, the sweet berries, the succulent meats, etc etc. I prefer boxed foods, hamburger helper, hot dogs, McDonalds, boxed mac-n-cheese, and so forth. Its easier to grab a Lean Cuisine than it is to make a fresh salad and grilled chicken. Its easier to have hamburger helper for dinner than to make something. I grew up this way and old habits are hard to break. But break them I must. I love to cook but really cooking meals that take a while to make and not eating in the process is hard. Hard boiled eggs instead of fried. homemade fresh spaghetti sauce instead of jarred stuff full of sodium and extra preservatives that hurt me. There is not going to be a diet, but a healthy eating plan. I know what I should and shouldn't eat. I know that frying chicken is not as good for me as boiled, baked or broiled chicken. I know that salads full of greens and veggies will make me feel better than a bowl of mac-n-cheese. 

I am going to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide my eating decisions. He will not lead me astray. I also am going to follow the six week body eating plan that was designed for my body. Nothing processed is allowed in my body except for cheese. I am going to eat 6 small meals a day with protein in every meal. This speeds up my metabolism. I am going to stick to 1/2 cup of carbs and 2 to 3 ounces of protein for 3 of those meals. The other three meals will be 2 to 3 ounces of protein and 1/2 cup of fruit. I will eat a healthy amount of veggies everyday to help me stay full. The majority of my carbs will come from potatoes and rice, because my body type does not digest pasta and breads well.  I am going to replace the special out to eat meals with homemade meals. We will make a special meal every week that will fill that void of going out to eat. If I want ice cream I will make it, then I might enjoy it more. I will continue to fall in love with water. I will make mistakes and fall occasionally, but that is OK because it is not a diet. I am not perfect, but with God's help I will succeed!!!

 I am hoping that we can afford a scale this week and that I will have my measurements and starting weight by next week. But not a scale like this! We will be slowly replacing the food in our house and I hope to have my menu and new eating plan completely running by June 1st. So be patient with me as I have to do this slowly for us to be able to afford this type of change. Once my healthy eating plan is started I give you full responsibility to hold me accountable. I will be completely honest on my blog about how good or bad I have been that week. After all if I lie then I am only cheating myself.
Here's to healthy eating for all and FREEDOM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment