My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Monday, November 15, 2010

Be an animal hero!

Do you love animals? My family does. We don't just want a dog that is going to look pretty in pictures. My husband and I love animals! I believe that a love for animals is Biblical! God first made the animals and then when he made Adam he gave him dominion over them. Adam's first children where animals! Now this isn't a blog about not hunting, or breeding or anything like that. But how often do you teach your children love of animals? In our house loving the animals comes naturally, but I know this is not true for all houses. I want Joslyn to love animals! Not so that she will have a dog later in life, but a life long yearning to take care of the animals. The birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and all around us are animals that God has placed in our care. But so often, like the starving people under the highway, we chose to not subject our children to the sorrow, and pass them by. I want Joslyn to grow up with that need to serve the world. The people and the animals. Feeding the birds, walking the dogs, and even taking the kiddos to the zoo, are good ways to get them started! I can't wait to see what her passion is going to be. But my heart will always have room for the animals. Maybe she will too!

Our lives have been so enriched by our animals. And seeing Joslyn react to them and them react to her has been such a blessing. We currently have two old cocker spaniels that are more family to us then some of our relatives. Nickie- our old grey-haired 11 year old male, we call him the Grumpy old man. And Jinger, who is 6 years old and loves to play fetch with tennis balls. We also have two foster dogs right now, Jazzmine and Piper. Jazzmine is a great dane/pointer mix that is probably the sweetest dog imaginable. She is about a year old and very playful, curious and cuddly. Piper is a husky mix and is new to the household. We don't know much about her yet except that she has been kept in a cage most of her life. So we are having fun watching her run and play out here in the country.

I have met many animal heroes lately, and most of them have foster dogs and cats from Best Friends of Pets. Are you looking for an animal? Check out http://www.bestfriendsokc.org/ for your next friend. There are so many animals looking for a home. Please remember that you don't have to have an animal in your home to be an animal hero. Donating to one of the thousand of animal rescue web sites, one of my favorites is http://www.rescueink.com/ . They are motorcycle riding tough guys that rescue abused animals and do everything in their powers to get the abusers convicted and put away!

What can you do to be an animal hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment