My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Discovery Tuesdays -Slime!

If you follow me from Facebook, you might have seen my posts about my new fun activities on Tuesdays. My friend Amey is a wonderful person with whom I feel completely myself with. She has always loved me for me and I adore her. She has been one of my bestest go to girls. When I am with Amey we have lots of fun and we share special moments. She is also very creative and inventive. She had the idea to start making stuff at home that we would normally buy and doing it as a fun project together. One Tuesday turned into 2 and now 3. I look forward to Tuesdays. Amey is great with Joslyn and her house is one of the only places that I can relax and not be completely on edge wondering what Joslyn is doing. Our first Tuesday together, we made homemade laundry soap. Amey bought the supplies and it only cost her 6 dollars and we made 3 to 5 gallons of Laundry soap!

We had so much fun doing it we decided to make something else the next week. So we thought about it and we came up with homemade playdough. It was fun to make and we split it up between the both of us. Sure we had dyed hands for awhile but we had so much fun doing it! This week we decided to make Slime! Amey's son Brayden is in second grade and loves Slime! But Amey found out how to make it at home and it is really easy.

Slime!

4 oz bottle of white or clear glue
water
1 tsp Borax
food coloring of choice

Dissolve Borax in 1 cup of water in a bowl and set aside.


 In a medium bowl pour out 4 ounces of glue.

 Add 1/2 cup of water and  a couple of drops of food coloring to glue.


 Stir glue mixture until smooth and mixed well

Add in borax mixture to the glue mixture and stir. It will clump automatically. Keep stirring until it really clumps in the middle. Pour out the excess water and kneed with your hands. It will get firmer the more you kneed it.


At the end it will look like this! Store in a ziploc bag or container and enjoy! The kiddos will have tons of fun with this and so will Mom and Dad!


So I will try and post our new discoveries as we make them. On the menu soon is colored rice, super bubbles, and homemade finger paints. Do you have any ideas on what we could make for the kids? We are also already planning ideas for Halloween treats and Christmas ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I got to make slime during my college chemistry class. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! How did you make laundry soap?

    ReplyDelete