My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Kirby House!

Have you ever been a part of something that you know might change the world? A couple of blogs ago I spoke about my story and how I was wanting to be a part of something like this. I always thought that it would be in church that I would affect the world. But God is showing me more and more serving out in the world is where he wants me. I have been asked by one of my newest friends to be a board member of a soon to be homeless shelter. Me a board member! I feel slightly underdressed in my pajamas as I reply yes that it would be an honor. I had to give it some thought though. The codependent in me wanted to join right away, because it would be something new exciting and I would feel a part of something. And I do, but that isn't why I joined. There is a deep desire in me to make a difference for God's kingdom and how better to do that then take it to the homeless. This place is even more special than that. It is going to be one of 3 homeless shelters in America that accept pets too. There is one in California and one in Florida. So here is a place that I can use my love of people, animals and those who are hurting. This wonderful place is called The Kirby House. It is just in it's beginning phases. The idea was started by my friend Tiffany, who wanted to create a place where families (whole families) could live while in transition. Many of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. I know that John and I do. What if you were layed off from your job or fired and had no place to go. What if you found a place to spend the night but you had to leave your dog on the street to survive on his own. What if the dog that protected you and comforted you had to be left behind because you couldn't afford rent anymore. During Hurricane Katrina, many animals got abandoned because the help that came weren't equiped to handle animals. Some people love their animals so much they would rather face a storm with deadly consequences than leave their animals abandoned. God put a responsiblility on us to protect and care for those who could not care for themselves. This is my goal in becoming a board member. I hope that I can always do the right thing. Thank You God for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this. I know that your hand is on this project. Help me to do your will and guide me in your path. Also, help me to be bolder in speaking for those who can't speak for themselves. 

So one last thing. I have never asked for money in this blog before. I don't like to solicit people for money even if it is a good cause. But, I do think that I need to put it out there. God gives us everything we have. Our ability to work, our health, our friends our family, even our animals. He wants us to trust in Him to give some of it back to Him; with the realization that He can do great things with it. If you find it in your heart that you are wanting to give some money; would you consider the Kirby House? We are in the of raising $850.00 to get our 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. After we raise that money we will be able to get corporate funding, until then we are solely relying on private donations. Please click here if you would like to donate. Also, I am putting call out there to all my friends to please spread the word about The Kirby House. This place is only going to be built if we can put the word out there. Will you help us? Thank you for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment