My Big Life Change!

Picture taken by Abby Austin of 1000 Miles on my own two feet.



MY GOALS FOR LIFE!

To transform my life, with God's help of course, one step at a time.

1. Get healthy & honor God with my body

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


2.Become at least 50% sustainable with emphasis on doing our part to take care of God's planet.


3. Live life as an adventure, experiencing new places, things & people.
18 out of 150 bucket list goals accomplished


4. Become debt free & build security for my family, so we can then bless others financially also.

5. Continue to grow closer to God, building My family's faith & sharing the Gospel with those we meet, by using the talents and gifts God has provided us.

6.Continue to make money by creating and sharing my thoughts and beliefs through artistic expression: all the while hoping that my art will impact others. "Holly Kennedy

: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" Quote from PS I LOVE YOU

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Book review- The Baker's Wife by Erin Healy

The Baker's Wife will have you turning pages so fast that you will count it as speed reading! The plot is riveting and super exciting! Two families in a small town are constantly thrown together in undesirable ways. One family uses God given gifts to help others and the other uses God's Word to destroy.

 Audrey and her husband Geoff run a bakery in the small town where they are known for scandal. Originally a pastor, Geoff was forced out of the church because of a scandal involving his son Ed and Miralee, the daughter of Jack and Julie Mansfield. Jack Mansfield is the town's lead police detective and his hate for that family grows stronger when Audrey runs over Julie's scooter. The mangled scooter is also covered in her blood, but where is Julie? Jack is convinced that Audrey has taken her wife and he sets out to prove it by any means necessarily.  When her family's lives are threatened; Audrey and a Diane, a newcomer with a haunting past, strive to find Julie before Jack goes over the edge.

I really loved the way the writer expounded on spiritual gifts. She made me feel as if it were something that I could feel also. She also made such unique characters, especially in Jack. They way he thought that about the Bible and how it was his own personal weapon, reminds me of others. There is a great balance of good and evil in this book. But the best lesson of all is about forgiveness! Erin Healy really captures the damage a heart can have and how God's love shown through others can heal and restore! I really enjoyed reading every chapter of this book and I can not wait to read more of her work.


I review for BookSneeze®


I was provided a copy of this book for the purpose of a review. All opinions are mine and are real thoughts of mine. If this book sounds like something you would want to read click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment